Why Weight Lifting:
- The body is meant to lift heavy objects.
- Building muscle tissue and bone.
- More functionality in moving up and down.
- Feeling better in how you can do more tasks through the strength training you’ve done.
Myth about Weight Lifting:
- It will bulk you up immediately.
7 Fundamental Human Movements and Lifting Weight Exercises to Go With:
- Push Things
- Pull Things
- Squat in any way, shape, or form.
- Hinge (Bending in a way that is getting ready to jump.)
- Carry Weight (Loaded Carry)
- Resist Rotation and Rotate (Trunk and Core)
- Groundwork (Turkish Get-Up, Crawling, etc.)
How to Measure Success:
- Are you feeling or moving better?
- Are you functioning in max capacity in life and at the gym?